|Mark||Analogue||W. Nr.||Aisi Uns||En||Order|
|ЭЛП-1||Delivery from the stock, in stock|
|ЭЛП-2||Delivery from the stock, in stock|
|ЭЛП-3||Delivery from the stock, in stock|
In 1802, Swedish chemist A. G. Ekeberg in two minerals found in Sweden and Finland, have isolated a new metal. Later it turned out that it contains two different elements. Only 40 years later the German chemist rose proved that columbite mineral composed of niobium and tantalum. Because of the difficulty of obtaining pure tantalum was given the name of the Greek hero-Martyr of Tantalum.
Tantalum is steel gray metal with a bluish tint. Under normal temperature stable, oxidation starts at 200−300°C. It is decomposed by hot caustic alkali solution and in melts of alkali forms a salt of tantalic acid. This metal when heated, absorbs nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, and impurities which can change performance. At 200−300°C, the hydrogen is absorbed slowly, the maximum speed of the absorption is observed at t° 500 °C. the forming hydrides give the metal brittleness. However, at t° ≥ 600 °C in vacuum the hydrides decompose and tantalum restores the original properties. At 600 °C tantalum absorbs nitrogen, further heating the nitrite is formed of tantalum, with t° melting 3087 °C.
Chemical composition in mg/g
|The name of the element||silicon||iron||manganese||magnesium||Nickel||chrome||Titan||tin||copper||niobium||cubic Zirconia||aluminium||calcium||tungsten||molybdenum||cobalt||sodium||carbon||nitrogen||oxygen||hydrogen||tantalum||not less than|
|ELP-1||0,015||0,015||0,002||0,002||0,003||0,004||0,005||0,001||0, 0005||0,5||0,01||0, 0005||0, 0015||0,05||0, 0006||0,001||0, 0002||0,1||0,1||0,1||0, 005||999||999|
|ELP-2||0,012||0,012||0,0015||0,002||0,002||0,0025||0,003||0,001||0,005||0,14||0, 0007||0,005||0,01||0,05||0, 0005||0,001||0, 15||0,05||0,05||0,05||0, 004||999,2||999,2|
|ELP-3||0,012||0,012||0,0015||0,002||0,002||0,6025||0,003||0,001||0, 0005||0,14||0, 0007||0,005||0,01||0,05||0,005||0,001||0, 15||0,03||0. 003||0,03||0,004||999,6||999,6|
|Var||0,012||0,012||0,0015||0,002||0,002||0,0025||0,003||0,001||0, 0005||0,3||0, 0007||0, 0005||0,01||0,05||0, 0005||0,001||0, 15||0,05||0,1||0,1||0, 004||999||999|
Note — determination of the mass fraction of other impurities is stipulated in the contract between the consumer and the manufacturer with a possible decrease of the mass fraction of Ta.
- Heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant alloys;
- corrosion-resistant equipment in the chemical industry, laboratory glassware, dies and crucibles for smelting of rare earth elements, yttrium, scandium;
- heat exchangers in nuclear power (of all the metals tantalum are the most resistant to vapours and melts of caesium-133);
- foil and wire of tantalum in surgery fasten tissue, nerves, sutured, made of a sheet make dentures to replace the damaged bone (tantalum biologically indifferent);
- tungsten carbide and tantalum carbide (t° melting point 3880 °C) produce hard alloys — brand index TT tool Metalworking and severe conditions of shock rotary drilling stone and strong composites;
- the production of munitions — facing tantalum shaped charge improves the penetration;
- of tantalum and niobium to produce high-capacity electrolytic capacitors (tantalum improves the quality characteristics of the capacitors);
- the Tantal became a jewelry material, its oxides form on the surface a solid film of any color;
- tantalum-182 is indispensable in nuclear physics research.
- isomer tantalum-180m2, accumulates in the circuits of nuclear reactors, and may, together with a hafnium-178m2 to be a source of energy and gamma rays in the development of weapons or vehicles.
Tantalum was first used in 1900−1903 in the manufacture of filaments for light bulbs, but its price was too expensive. Later it was replaced by tungsten, the price of which was less. The use of Ta in the XXI century is closely connected with the development of radar, radio and x-ray equipment. The unique ability of this metal to absorb gases helps to maintain the deep vacuum in vacuum technology. A high emissivity, refractoriness and the ability to gas adsorption to determine its use for the production of parts of vacuum devices. Cover Ta are as attractive as chromium and Nickel. And not only externally. Tantalum is applied to the large pipes, crucibles, sheets, rocket nozzle, etc. Interestingly, the strength of the coating, Brinell, equal to 180−200 kg/mm2, whereas technical tantalum in the form of sheets or rods annealed has a tensile strength of only 50−80 kg/mm2. A mixture of carbides of tantalum and tungsten is a non — alternative material for shock-rotary drilling of strong breeds, as well as the metal working tool steels. In the manufacture of ammunition, this metal is used for production of metal casing and armor-piercing shaped-charge projectiles.
Derivatives of tantalum
Beryllide tantalum is so hard and resistant to oxidation, which became one of the most popular materials for aerospace engineering. The admixture of tantalum pentoxide to the glass used in nuclear power engineering and experimental physics for glass melting, check the gamma rays. In electrical engineering tantalum is used for the production of rectifiers and high-capacity capacitors. Such capacitors are used obtained by the method of powder metallurgy tantalum tablets, pressed and sintered at high temperature. The active surface of the porous tablets increased 100 times, which allows to obtain very small dimensions of the capacitor with a high capacitance. Tantalum capacitors are widely used in military radios, they can operate in extreme conditions at temperatures from -80 to +200°C. In recent years, the tantalum began to show interest and jewelers: tantalum forms on the surface of a solid oxide of any color.
- Wire Ø 0,5 — 5 mm
- round Ø 5 — 50 mm.
- tape thickness 0.1 — 1.5 mm and a width of 50 — 150 mm.
- sheet thickness 1 — 4 mm size 700х1400мм
There are other forms of delivery of rolled tantalum under the order.
Buy at best price
In stock, LLC «Electrocentury-steel» a wide range of products from rare and refractory metals at the best price. Delivery times are minimal. At wholesale prices orders provided preferential discount.